Happy Halloween to all our members and families.
If you're trick-or-treating post Storm Sandy, we've got a few Halloween Safety tips to share with you from the great folks over at the Center of Disease Control.
Here are a few tips we found that you should take note of:
- Remember to look both ways before crossing the street and use your crosswalks when possible.
- Don't forget your flashlight while trick-or-treating to help you see and others see you.
- Remember to walk and don't run from house to house.
- Do your best not to trip, fall, and have blocked vision by wearing well-fitting masks, costumes, and shoes.
- Avoid trick-or-treating alone.
- Walk in groups or with a trusted adult.
- Limit the amount of treats you eat....don't overdo it.
- Only enter homes if you're accompanied by a parent/adult.
- Only visit well-lit houses.
- Avoid eating homemade snacks and treats and/or candy that looks like it's been tampered with.
- Check your child's candy bag before they eat from it - to ensure safety.